Headaches. We all know what they feel like and we all want to find out how to get rid of a headache. If you are experiencing a headache, it is your body telling you that there is an underlying issue that needs attention. Chiropractors have the knowledge and experience in finding those issue and helping you heal and recover as fast as possible. The good news is that you have access to this holistic approach to healing along with natural at home remedies to help relieve your headaches.
5 Tips to Get Rid of a Headache Quickly
We understand that you might not want to wait for your next appointment for headache relief so here are a few ways to help you get rid a headache quickly. Try these simple and natural remedies to get you feeling better asap!
- Hot and cold packs: If you are feeling that throbbing pain in your head, try placing a cold pack to your forehead for 15 minutes on and off. If you are feeling tension, place a heating pad or warm cloth on your neck or back of your head. This will alleviate the pressure you are feeling and give your body relief from fighting off the pain.
- Sip on a little caffeine: We aren’t saying go crazy with the coffee, but a cup of joe or tea can help ease your pain. Don’t drink too much or else you could end up with a withdrawal headache.
- Physically relax: We shouldn’t have to tell you this twice. Practice relaxation exercises like simple stretching or yoga. Help yourself relax during a headache.
- Munch on some ginger: Ginger has been known to help ease headaches and migraines. Instead of grabbing those over-the-counter pain meds, sip on some ginger tea, or munch on some ginger chews.
- Turn down the lights: A simple as it sounds, dim the lights. Bright lights, flickering or flashing lights can be the cause of your headache. Be mindful of your windows and bust out your most fashionable sunglasses when you go outside.
Can a Chiropractor Help my Headaches?
These tips and tricks are not meant to address the underlying issue but can provide you with quick relief. The chiropractic approach to treating headaches will involve determining whether the pain is coming from a physical or structural problem. Most of the time, spinal adjustments will do just the trick to relieve pressure on irritated nerve roots causing you to experience headaches. A chiropractor will also suggest healthy options to keep headaches at bay like relaxation exercises, deep tissue massages and other lifestyle changes.