One of my New Years’ resolutions is to start this blog. This being my first post, I will give some advice on how to keep your resolution.
Many of us make a resolution more out of custom rather than actually planning. This is why the success rate of New Years’ resolutions tends to be low.
So how do you keep your resolution? Here are some tips to increase your odds at maintaining your goals.
1. Write it down. Record your progress each day. I believe writing down your goals in life is a key component of success. Set goals weekly and work towards these goals every day.
2. Take pride in your resolution. Pick something that is really important to you.
3. Make promises you can keep. Start small. If you want to lose weight and you eat fast food daily, cut back by only eating fast food twice a week and pack a healthy lunch for the other days. Instead of eating ice cream late at night, substitute it with a bowl of cereal.
4. Change your habits. Habits can be difficult to break. Replace negative behaviors with more positive behaviors.. If you want to quit smoking but realize that it helps you relieve stress, find something else to help you relax. Yoga, or any form of exercise, can help you feel re-energized and more at ease.
5. Break down your goals into tactical planning. i.e: plan out your meals for the week; write down your workout routines; budget and keep track of daily spending. If your New Years’ resolution is to get in shape, I can help. As a sports chiropractor in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, I have formed many relationships with gyms, boot camps, and personal trainers. If you can’t afford to have a personal trainer or join a gym, there are many easy at home exercises that can lead you on the right track to health.
If you are in pain or have an injury, you can’t get back into shape and fully exercise. Before you get back in the gym for your daily workout, be sure to see your local chiropractor or doctor and get your health cleared so you can make 2012 the year you achieve your goals and resolutions. At SF Custom Chiropractic, we are offering half off the Initial Exam and treatment for new patients who want to make better health part of their resolution for 2012.
In good health,