This is, without a doubt, one of the most stressful moments of our lives. The COVID-19 pandemic is currently making its way through the country and impacting all of our lives in one way or another. We all have a mission to help flatten the curve and the most important part is taking care of YOU.
This means that managing stress and finding stress relief is more important than ever. Here are some ways to do that.
Ways to manage stress during COVID-19:
- TRY to eat proper nutrition for mental clarity and energy.
- Stay active daily, whether it’s a walk or at home yoga for physical health.
- Take time to unwind. It is important to take care of yourself mentally during this time.
- Connect with other people. Reach out to friends or family members you can talk with about how you are feeling. Keep in mind of social distancing and go the virtual route or phone call.
- Keep yourself busy at home. Learn a new skill or get back to an old hobby.
- Reach out to professionals. Healthcare professionals are still very much working to help! At SF Custom Chiropractic we are offering online Telehealth consultations .
Eat Proper Nutrition
The temptation to eat a pint of ice cream can be almost overwhelming in quarantine. While the occasional snack is a great treat, don’t go too wild with junk food. Alcohol is another thing you want to limit. Both sugar and alcohol will lower your immune system. Continue to eat in a healthy manner, consuming plenty of fruits and vegetables. Ultimately, this will give you more energy and help keep your mind sharp.
Stay Active, Keep Your Body Moving
Physical Activity is vitally important, even with our stay at home order. If you can, make sure to get outside at least once a day on a nice long walk or stretch your body. There are also plenty of workouts you can do, even while stuck at home. Additionally, take the time to try new habits, like meditation, or yoga.
Don’t Ignore Mental Care
During times like these, it becomes more important than ever to take care of our mental state. Finding stress relief and managing stress can be difficult, but it is still absolutely necessary. Make sure to take time to turn off your television and get away from electronics. Get creative and try something new or get back to an old hobby that makes you happy. These can help you focus your mind and develop a sense of inner peace.
Many studies show that chiropractic care can help you manage stress by reducing your pain, freeing up the invaluable physical and emotional energy to allow you to deal with more important things in your life. SF Custom Chiropractic has resources to help bring your relief during this time. We are able to keep one location open to treat patients and virtual consulting so we can be there for you. Give us a call to see how we can help!