As we defined in one of our most recent blogs, corporate wellness = a culture of wellbeing and productivity either observed or created in both small- and large-scale corporations. This environment is most often attributed to workplace wellness programs, which can be defined as activities or policies implemented to encourage healthy behaviors and their outcomes.
Let’s consider some relevant statistics for the purpose of understanding the need for and impact of on site chiropractic care to generate corporate wellness amongst corporate and manufacturing manufacturing employees:
- According to the Bureau of Labor , private industry workers who sustained a Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) required a median of 12 days to recuperate before returning to work.
- The American Chiropractic Association claims that enrolled wellness participants’ health care costs decreased by 55%.
- Employee turnover rates decreased by 60%.
- 89% of those who participate in corporate wellness programs reported improvement in their overall happiness and enjoyment in the workplace.
- Additionally, a recent study conducted by Harvard University found that companies save close to $3 in absenteeism related costs for every dollar spent on corporate wellness programs.
. . . what’s the take-away?
Many Americans are suffering from musculoskeletal injuries; employers are paying for complications on account of unhealthy employees; and most don’t realize the benefit of corporate wellness programs, but the corporations that do are saving money and employees!
How does SFCC participate in corporate wellness?
Scheduled chair massages, health fairs, workshops, ergonomic evaluations, onsite chiropractic treatment, and scoliosis screenings. . . the list is long and demonstrates our contributions to promoting corporate wellness across the Bay Area.
The best part about each of these services is that they don’t have to just take place at said office. Imagine the benefits that would come from bringing these programs to schools, gyms, etc. (We say this because we’ve done it!)
Here’s a brief summary of each of the corporate wellness services and offerings:
- Chair massages → schedule us to come over to the office to administer A.R.T. therapeutic deep tissue manual therapy as well as licensed chiropractic assessment. Each chair massage is between 10 to 20 minutes long, depending on the event scheduled for.
- Health fairs → informational tables is a great way to teach and treat a large number of people. Here, employees can fill out health stress surveys and can even learn how to test themselves for nerve damage and postural problems. The doctors present at the table can address the results of the surveys and answer any following questions.
- Workshops → any of the following topics can follow a timeline of anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours:
- Stress Workshop: How to Prevent the Silent Killer
- Nutrition for Performance
- Preventing Injury in the Workplace
- Natural Solutions for Chronic Back and Neck Pain
- Sports Injuries: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment
- Good Posture = Good Health (Interactive Posture Scans)
- Ergonomic evaluations → evaluation process includes collecting personal history of each employee, customizing the workplace accordingly, and correcting the issues addressed in the recorded histories. Customization may include suggestion of specific equipment.
- Onsite chiropractic treatment → SFCC chiropractors can come onsite to perform thorough examination and treatment as well as can create exercise plans when requested and/or needed. Minimum company size is 300 employees.
- Scoliosis screenings → doctors can review employees for scoliosis. In the case of children in school, doctors may conduct backpack fittings to make sure that the kids are adopting healthy habits.
Although employers are ultimately responsible for much of their employees health and happiness, if you think your employer would benefit from any one of these services, do not hesitate to contact one of our assistants to walk you through the program’s logistics. It is also important to note that these services are not limited to work offices. Rather, they are also great to include in health fairs, schools, gyms, and community events.
If you would like to learn more about our customizable corporate wellness programs, visit our informational page and get in touch with us here .