What are the benefits of corporate wellness programs?
- Improved employee morale. Employees want to feel appreciated, and when they do, your company is likely to have a higher satisfaction rate and productivity on account of happier employees
- Less PTO used. Travelling to and from doctor appointments often takes longer than the appointment itself. Onsite care and services require a fraction of the time and offer the simplicity of being only a few feet away
- Reduced overall cost of healthcare. By tackling a preventative approach, wellness programs can identify health concerns at their initial stages before becoming serious and costly
Is there a work injury problem?
In 2015, musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) accounted for 31 percent of the total days taken away from work (more than 300,000) to recuperate. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), these types of Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI) affect almost 2 million workers and cost up to $20 billion every year. Therefore, both the prevalence and cost of musculoskeletal injuries in employees is large -- and it’s increasing.
So, what do employees want? Are they receiving ideal benefits, and are these programs working?
- 55% of employees are likely to accept a job with lower pay if it offers better benefits while 15% of them have quit because they were unsatisfied with benefits packages
- 87% of employers are committed to workplace wellness, and 73% offer a wellness program
- For the average employer, $1 spent on healthy interventions equates to $6 of health care savings
Contact us for more information and pricing
Some of our corporate wellness clients include: